Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My kids have become my hobby!

After writing our Christmas letter I had Jeff read it before sending it out. He did and said, "You didn't write much about yourself and what you are up to or you hobbies." I looked at him and laughed. You see there is not a lot to write. At this point in my life, as a stay at home mom of 4 kids, my kids have become my hobby. This is both amazing and sad all at the same time. It is not that I don't have other interests. I do. It is more that I don't seem to have a whole lot of time to pursue them!! There are moments when I can squeeze a few things in that don't involve being a mom, but they are few and far between. There is almost a guarantee to be a interruption of some sort. Whether it be a fight breaking out in the living room, someone needing help with homework, Leah waking up from her nap, or the loads and loads of laundry piling up and the buzzing dryer calling my name. (This is why I attend scrap camp (12 hours of scrap booking) twice a year to get caught up. No kids is the only way to do it.) Don't get me wrong. I am not complaining. I love being a mom. I love having 4 kids. I love staying home with them and feel exceptionally grateful to be able to. I know it is the best thing for my kids and me. I wouldn't change any of it. I know when they are all grown and I look back I will miss this time tremendously. For now it is what I do and a huge part who I am. I guess I could add that to the Christmas letter!.

4 comments:

Kym Frankowski said...

I'm thinking your blog has become your new hobby! look at you go! I'm still trying to get into mine. I'm too boring. I love reading yours, keep it up.

bv said...

That's a pretty cool thing to be and do AND you do it so well! I sing, 'Don't you wish your SIL was cool like mine' all of the time to my friends!

Marcy Stott said...

Britta - what the heck is a SIL??? I know I'm a little slow and all. It's from hangin with a 3 year old all day.

DAVE - STEPH FAMILY said...

I was reading this post thinking that sounds exactly like me! Too funny.