Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's Great to be 8!!

Ellie turned 8 yesterday!!

She started the day off by getting the gift she had patiently waited for, for about a year - her Nintendo DS (she had wanted one for Christmas last year and Jeff had wanted her to wait one more year.) I took a treat into her class (Sweettart candy canes) and read her class one of her favorite Christmas books, "The Bear Stays Up." After school she had her 'friend' birthday party. We made snowflake magnet frames with their pictures in them and snowflake bookmarks. She wanted to ice sugar cookies instead of having cake, and we a game. She invited two of her good friends to stay and sleepover. Let's just say she had a GREAT day, and I was beat.

It is both exciting and sad to see her get older. With her being our first, I have many more vivid memories of her as a baby than the boys. It seemed like from very early on she was in a hurry to grow up. She was rolling over both ways by 3 1/2 months, crawling around 6 1/2, and walking at 9 1/2 months. She talked early, potty trained early, started throwing tantrums early, and now has hit what seem to be the preteens very early. She is most definitely motivated and determined. Although I am not in a hurry, I can't wait to she what the next 8 years will bring.

1 comment:

bv said...

I love the slideshow! Ellie is so dang cute! I love the picture of all of the girls along with Noah!