Wednesday, January 21, 2009

He must have REALLY loved me!

Our sister in law's (SIL as she would say) brother has decided to join the LDS church. He is being baptized on Friday. I don't know him well, but their situation is very similar to Jeff's and mine. They were married last summer, with her being a very active member, and him not a member at all.

Jeff also married me before I was a member, or even interested in investigating. I can only appreciate now how much faith that took, and what he potentially was giving up. (He must have REALLY loved me!!) From the time Jeff and I met, he never made me feel any less than him. He saw me for who I was, and not for what I wasn't. He was extremely patient and never pushy, although in his own subtle way would never have given up on me. Sometimes I look back and think 'What were we thinking?'. We got married hoping for the best. I sometimes wonder if we could have made it work, if I never would have joined - although at the same time I have no doubt that we would have figured it out. I am truly grateful, however, that we are where we are.

Congrats Jazz and Micci!

3 comments:

Jenny and Mark said...

You two have such a great story! Mark and I were both members and I sometimes wonder what we were we thinking? Did we even know each other? Someone was watching over us and guiding us along, that's for sure. As for your naughty cat....good luck.

bv said...

You need to expand on all of this! I wasn't around during that time and love hearing/reading about it!

Any decisions with your kitty?

Marcy Stott said...

I will fill you in on the rest soon.

The kitty is still residing here! It is only because I don't have a plan for him - I am in need of a plan!