Tuesday, January 6, 2009

5 Months Old Today

So our Leah Girl is 5 months today. I love this age, and if it were possible for me to freeze her here for a while I would. She is changing so quickly and learning something new everyday.

She discovered she had toes on Christmas Day, and has been fascinated with them since. She loves the T.V., no matter what show is on. Carter and her love watching "Tigger and Pooh" each morning together. We started her on cereal this week, which she thought was delicious. I can't get it in her mouth fast enough. She is almost rolling over. In a week or two I am pretty sure that she will have master that skill. She loves her bath. She kicks and splashes like a mad woman. I took her to the doctor last week and she weighted 18 lbs. exactly. That means she has gained exactly 10 lbs since birth. She is in the 98% for weight. She is definitely thriving! I LOVE that she is a chubby baby. She has rolls everywhere, but to me nothing could be cuter.


In her short 5 months she has accumulated quite a few nicknames. Carter started us off calling her 'Little Sunshine'. Since then we have added 'Leah Lou', 'Little Woman', 'Sunshine Girl', (a little variation of Carter,s), 'Muffin Top', 'Baby Doll' (that's from Grandma Sugar), 'Leah Girl', and 'Chubba wubba' (for obvious reasons!). Hopefully one day she will be able to figure you that her name is actually just Leah!

There are so many things I love about her. The list could go on and on, but here are a few.
I love how happy, content, and patient she is. She just seems glad to be here. She is rarely grumpy, and almost always has a smile on her face.
I love how she can't take her eyes off of her Daddy. If Jeff is in her sight, she will look at nothing else. I always tease him that she has a little crush on him!
I love that she is such a good sleeper (except the last 3 nights when she has been sick - but we will forgive her for that).
I love her long eyelashes that she has had since birth, her extra chubby legs that won't even fit into some of her jammies, and her beautiful, slightly Oriental looking eyes. We have actually been asked twice if she was adopted - I promise she is Jeff''s!
I love to watch the kids with her. They just can't get enough of her. I haven't had any problems with jealousy, only arguments of who gets to hold her next or feed her or sit by her. I can tell she know each of them well already, and is so excited when they pay any attention to her.
I love her dimples and chubby checks. You can tell she belongs. All the kids got their Dad's dimples.


I hate, however, that she is already 5 months. Because she is our last, the months passing and little milestones have a little bit of sadness that go along with them. We are not as eager for her to roll over, or crawl, or walk, as we were for the other kids. We are defiantly trying to enjoy each age and stage with her, because we know from experience how fast it goes.

We love you Leah Girl. You are a delight!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

What a cute baby! :)

bv said...

Leah is such a little doll baby! We need to get more pics of them together!

Check out http://frommycherryheart.blogspot.com/ for that swap I mentioned!