Monday, January 5, 2009

Ellie's baptism

So our little Ellie was baptized on Saturday. She was beyond excited, but very nervous. She is not a big fan of water, especially if it involves her going under it! She did great and had a perfect day. After the baptism, our bishop had her stand up on a chair and look at everyone that had come, that cares about her a loves her. She was beaming. Congratulations Ellie. We love you so much.
We took her to get her pictures taken later that day and the out to dinner with Jeff and me at the Cheesecake Factory. It was fun to be able to spend time with just her without the crazy boys. She loves those one on ones!!
It is so hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that she is already 8. I was baptized 8 years ago this month. Ellie was about 6 weeks old. I have always felt that Ellie had a lot to do with me choosing to investigate the church. I had ample opportunity and reason before she came along. Most of my friends growing up we members. My sister joined. Jeff was a member. However, it wasn't until I got pregnant with Ellie that I really had a strong desire. She is a fairly persistent and opinionated little spirit. I am positive that she gave me that extra little push that I needed. I know from experience that it will bring a lot of understanding and peace to her life. We are so proud of her, and excited for her.

1 comment:

Jenny and Mark said...

Congratulations to Ellie! She looked so pretty in her dress. We had fun the other night-thanks for having us. We need to do it more often (as we always say).