The end of the year (the school year that is) went out with a bang. In one weeks time, school ended, we had a dance recital, piano recital, and that last baseball game of the season. Along with every other parent on Earth we love watching our kids grow, learn, advance and excel.
So I can't believe that Ellie has finished up 2nd grade and Noah's done with Kindergarten. I vividly remember being in 3rd grade, and that is where Ellie will soon be headed. So weird. They are both good little students, each having their own strengths. Ellie LOVES to read and and does it like a champ. Noah definitely has a mind for Math (much like his mommy) and amazes us how his little brain can calculate things much above his grade level. I love that they love school. It will be sad and exciting all at the same time to have 2 in school full time next year. I will miss them both, but I am glad to say goodbye to the annoying Kindergarten schedule (at least for a year).
So I can't believe that Ellie has finished up 2nd grade and Noah's done with Kindergarten. I vividly remember being in 3rd grade, and that is where Ellie will soon be headed. So weird. They are both good little students, each having their own strengths. Ellie LOVES to read and and does it like a champ. Noah definitely has a mind for Math (much like his mommy) and amazes us how his little brain can calculate things much above his grade level. I love that they love school. It will be sad and exciting all at the same time to have 2 in school full time next year. I will miss them both, but I am glad to say goodbye to the annoying Kindergarten schedule (at least for a year).
Noah's Kindergarton program
This was Noah's first year of baseball and he, and the rest of us, had a blast with it. Most of the kids on his team ended up being from our neighborhood. It was fun to be able to watch them play together, and fun to sit in the stands with friends and neighbors. Noah's 2 favorite things were batting and the treat that he got from the snack bar at the end of each game (he is no dummy). While in the outfield the boys spent much of them time playing in the dirt and spinning around, but as Noah says, the ball rarely comes to him anyways. How can you argue with that. It was a fun season and we were sad to see it end.
Ellie has been playing the piano for about a year and a half now. I also took lessons when I was younger. It has been fun for me to practice her songs along with her and get a bit of my skills back. At her recital she played "As the Saints go Marching In" and "The Purple Cow". She proved to be quite a little trooper. She had a bit of the stomach flu (or something) that day, but still decided to play. Despite the flu and a bit of nerves she did GREAT! She will continue lessons in the fall along with Noah. Our house should be full of music next year.
Ellie and her teacher
Ellie and her cousin Sam take from the same teacher
So with all of that coming to an end, we will enjoy our short (due to year round school) summer. Now their days will be filled with swimming, sleepovers, camping trips and just being lazy. Hopefully it will stop raining soon so the fun can start!






1 comment:
Oh man, Noah can't stop hip hop! I love hearing about it! Well Shell's last day of school is today so we can play now, woot woot!
Post a Comment