1. On Tuesday we made valentines boxes for school which the kids always love to do. Carter chose cat and dog stickers to decorate his and Ellie used sparkly glitter paper (which already had adhesive on the back, which made it PERFECT). Noah used some blue glittery paper, and then wrote "LOVE' around the outside of his box several times. He later scribbled them all out when he realized that the other Kindergartners at school would see it. I guess he is not ready to reveal is sensitive side quite yet!
2. Great grandma sent the kids cards with $5 each in them and then Jeff and I a card with $10. I told them that we could pool all the money and hit Famous Dave's on Friday night for a Valentine family dinner. Everyone was on board except Noah, who was hoping to spend it on more Pokemon cards. (FYI, I Hate Pokemon cards. I find them all over my house. He bought a huge box of them at a garage sale last summer for $2 and then Jeff brought him another huge box when he went to China. He is not in need of ANY more!) We convinced him to chip in his 5 bucks when we told him his other alternative was to come along and watch us eat. Famous Dave's is his favorite restaurant, so we were pretty sure that tactic would work. While at dinner the kids began to question where all the animal heads and antlers came from that are hanging around the restaurant. Jeff told them that it is what is left of the food they serve at the restaurant. Seriously.....these poor children! It was a fun filled night complete with more barbaque sauce on their clothes than in the bellies.
3. My mom was nice enough to watch Kerry's kids in the day and than ours at night on Valentines Day. Jeff and I met some friends for dinner and a movie for a much needed kidless night. We had spent the day shopping for new glasses and clothes for Jeff, which with 4 kids in tow is always a BLAST! With most of our patience spent at the store, I am sure they had much more fun with Grandma that night then they would of with us. Date night is a cherished cherished thing!
4. Last but not least is what is to come. Once again, my mom is taking pity on us and coming to stay with the kids overnight next Saturday so Jeff and I can get away. 24 hours of just him and I is more exciting than I can put into words.
I can't wait!






No comments:
Post a Comment